Another Pair of Eyes Comes in Handy

"MR. HIGGINSON,--Are you too deeply occupied to say if my verse is alive?
The mind is so near itself it cannot see distinctly, and I have none to ask. Should you think it breathed, and had you the leisure to tell me, I should feel quick gratitude. If I make the mistake, that you dared to tell me would give me sincerer honor toward you. I inclose my name, asking you, if you please, sir, to tell me what is true?"
Emily Dickinson

Here's the thing, writing is often referred to as a solitary profession. Something we do alone. And while this is true there are also times when inviting a friend or colleague along for the journey can be helpful. It's nice to have someone else look at your work, to let you now if it's good, if it breaths, does it have life. And maybe even if it's publishable.
I have benefited greatly from having friends and trusted readers take a look at my work. Sometimes it is easy to get too close. So, if you would like a seasoned pro to take a look at your work I am glad to do so. My fees are very reasonable. I enjoy working with writers and most folks are pretty pleased to work with me. I believe in doing more than just reading but entering into a kind of mentorship with the folks who entrust their work to me.
"You are a genius teacher." Pam Halter
"Joyce then dissected the craft of writing, from point of view to plot development, from characterization to building tension. Dialog. Setting. Using the senses and images. She talked about big picture topics and the nitty gritty details that can kill a manuscript, like common grammar mistakes and 'less is more.'" Sara Goff

Anyway, I'm here if you need me. Just pop an email to me and we'll get started.

No comments: