ReJoyce! I'm Back


Here’s the thing, I’ve been terribly neglectful as far as social media is concerned and I apologize. It has been a strange month as I met deadlines, forged new alliances, researched new ideas, made new deals, tended schoolyard boo boos and well, I’ve been busy. But I have some room to breathe now so let me bring you all up to date on my mad cap adventures.

The most exciting thing is that I completed Harriet Beamer Take the Bus and sent it off to my wonderful editor, Bob Hudson who I so wish I could have with me here, watching over me as I write. The man is a genius. Harriet is scheduled to release May 1, 2012. I can’t wait to see it all pulled together.

I have three other projects in various stages of development and I am excited about all three. But it takes time to juggle all this. I’m writing another middle grade novel called CAKE which is about two magical sisters who take in foster children. I love writing abut magic and wonder and possibilities. Which is why I might have been drawn to Steampunk. I’m writing a proposal for a Steampunk YA novel now. I hope it’s good. I think it is. Kind of a Willy Wonka meets Victorian England but in Massachusetts in 1839. Uhm, weird, I know but be patient. And of course the sequel to Harriet. I love Harriet and cannot wait to develop her even more in book two.

And then there is family. No need to say more except I am so excited to announce that my daughter and her beautiful family will be moving back to the east coast next month. They have been transferred to Maine. I’m so excited. I haven’t even met my third grandson, Soren yet.

My son has discovered the joys and problems of keeping saltwater aquarium. It’s a great hobby and he loves it. The boy knows so much about fish and coral and things like feather duster worms and anemones. He rocks. But saltwater takes are delicate and need a lot of care—hence several visits to Captain Nemo’s Aquarium. I love the name and it kind of fits with the whole Steampunk thing right now.

And I’ve been hanging out with my middle daughter, Emily as much as I can. She’s a senior now at West Chester University. I’m very proud of her. This also figures in the Steampunk thing. Not to give it away but, I named Emily for Emily Dickinson. Uhm, how does that figure.

Oh, and of course not to mention various and sundry visits to the ER, the doc, church things, and traveling. Yep. It’s been a busy month. But still, I love being a writer and am so blessed in many ways.

And I’d like to announce a little giveaway. I will give away a copy of either Blame It On the Mistletoe or Carrying Mason to two lucky commenters. All you have to do is leave a comment and I will randomly pick two or three winners. Cool. Christmas is coming. These books make great gifts.

11 comments:

Rachel Joy said...

Ooh! neat! I'd love to get Carrying Mason. I'm 15 years old, and I read your blog through a link on Pam Halter's blog!

Renee said...

Yes, I did notice you'd hadn't posted in a while and wondered!

Wow, I'm amazed at how many irons you have in the fire. Though I can imagine it could be very handy in solving writer's block or indecision when working on one novel--just drop it and work on another! For that reason, I've learned I cannot work on only one project at a time...

I also love how you're moving from adult, to middle grade, to YA fiction. Interesting!

Elisabeth said...

Oh yay! I was hoping to order one of your books soon =D Nice to hear from you again!

Pam Halter said...

Pick Rachel!! ;)

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Joyce, I just started reading Charlotte Figg. It is wonderful, filled with great characters. I will certainly read the rest of the Bright's Pond books. I also want to get a copy of Carrying Mason. I mentor a middle school girl in my hometown. She loves to read, but some of the stuff she likes - I don't know. Not my choice. I'm trying to get her to broaden her horizons beyond teen-age faeries falling for teen-age werewolves.
Best wishes with all your many endeavors.

Anonymous said...

I've read the first three Bright's Pond books, and I just put Mistletoe on my Kindle.

Those are some of the best books I have ever read!

I hope you write more Bright's Pond books. I hate to leave there when the book is over.

Debbie said...

I have read Charlotte Figg and I am currently reading The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow. I agree with the previous poster . . . I hope you continue to write Bright's Pond books! They are some of the best I've ever read and I read a lot!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Bright's Pond. I am waiting to buy/read the latest as I don't want it to end!

Jodelle55 said...

Just found your blog after reading Christian Fiction Magazine.
Would love to win.

Mary Brimage said...

Just finished reading Prayers of Agnes Sparrow. Loved it. Reading Greselda Takes Flight next.

Ann Grimes said...

Aw man...I'm sure I'm way late but commenting nonetheless. Merry Christmas!