The Smudge Issue


Here’s the thing, I have a smudge on my monitor. It’s been there for about two weeks. Yes, that’s right two weeks. Ever since I started the edits for Harriet Beamer. What do you suppose it means? I could very easily clean it off but for some reason I don’t want to. It’s not really in my way or impairing my vision. I tried to take a picture of it. It's not that I'm lazy. Ordinarilyy, the spot would have been gone by now. I will clean it when I finish the edits. It will be my reward for when the job is done. Most writers I know celebrate with chocolate or a nice dinner. No, not me. My celebration will be a clean screen. Does that make any sense? Any of you psyche majors out there who can tell me the psychology behind my smudge. Is there some deep-seated, smudge-related thing going on? How about you, is there a smudge in your life you can’t seem to Windex away?

3 comments:

Pam Halter said...

It's a sign! Like a little smudge angel looking over you as you write. ;)


Me - I would totally have cleaned it off the second I saw it. I'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but that would have driven me nuts. HA!!

Tracy Krauss said...

You obviously aren't lazy if you actually took the time to try to take a picture! lol
www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com

Renee said...

It wouldn't be remarkable for me to leave a smudge like that. I might notice it, then get so absorbed in my work I fail to see it any longer, so that I eventually train myself to be blind to it--til one day my husband says, "That's been there for a month! How can you stand it!"