Getting the Summer Hate On


Here’s the thing, I pretty much hate summer. There I said it. And here are ten reasons why I hate summer. For those of you who hate the word hate, well . . . there you go.
1. The heat. What the heck? It is so hot and humid my brain is sticky. And if you scramble the letters in heat you get hate so, there you go . . .
2. Sweating. Yeah well, that goes along with the heat, especially when you have inadequate AC. Why shower?
3. People who ask me what I’m doing this summer. Like it’s anything different from the rest of the year. I just add sweating.
4. People “on vacation”. Nuff said.
5. Sweating.
6. Women wearing insane looking sandals, especially the kind that make them look like Spartacus.
7. Traffic into the shore points. I mean come on people. Go home.
8. Bugs
9. Sweating, heat, humidity, no air, can’t breathe. Did I mention that?
10. I can’t wear black without . . . you guessed it, sweating.
So come on now, be honest. What do you hate about summer?

3 comments:

Pam Halter said...

I used to love summer until I worked as a mail carrier. When it's cold, you walk and warm up. When it's hot, you just keep getting hotter and hotter.

What do I hate about summer? The high heat and humidity, I guess.

But I do love the beach. No heat and humidity while sitting in a sand chair at the edge of the ocean. Of course, you have to walk across the hot sand to get there and back.

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Since I live in a place where summer is two months long, if we're lucky, I really bite my tongue when I am tempted to complain about the heat or humidity or tourists. I do love your comment about the Spartacus sandals though. What in the world are they thinking??

Brenda K. Hendricks @myquotesofencouragement said...

Hmm. I think I bought my first pair of Spartacus sandals this summer. What does that say about me? They have the curved bottom on them and are very comfortable. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought them.
Personally, I'm all for fair weather, and I like warm better than cold. But I hate the humidity of summer. I groom dogs to support my writing habit. And the humidity makes the dog air stick to me. I feel like I've been tarred and feather by the end of the day. Yuck!