A Most Gracious Letter

This came today. I loved it so much I asked the writer if I could post it on my blog and she graciously agreed.

Dear Joyce,
First, I want to tell you that I do not read novels usually and especially "Christian novels" even though I am a Christian. They have always seemed too "pat" for real life and way too sweet!

I picked up Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise because of the cover!!! We used to live in a trailer of that color 45 years ago..and I liked the smooth feel of the book in my hand...so much for e-books for me or judging a book by its cover!

Anyway, I loved the story...but especially I loved the statue in Rose's yard...the concrete hand of God...it made me cry and laugh and I want one in my yard! I shared this wonderful concept of sitting in a huge concrete hand of God statue to my 9 year old granddaughter and she made me a picture that is on my fridge, of her and me sitting together in the hand of God and all of the names of both sides of her family written on it. It is BEAUTIFUL!

(And this morning as I was pondering God and His Grace, I looked over and saw my "hand of God" on the fridge and remembered an old hymn that I used to sing as a child called "Safe Am I" and it goes on to say in the hollow of His Hand)

I did not want the story to end so soon. I will now read your other books.

Thank you!

Kathy Corn

2 comments:

Marti Pieper said...

How like God to choose just the right color for Charlotte's trailer. How like Him to have your new friend find the book. And how like Him to inspire fresh creativity in her little granddaughter.

It's just a guess, but I'm thinking I see JESUS written all over this one. Thanks for sharing!

Pam Halter said...

What a great letter!!!!

I want a Hand of God in my fairy garden ...