Brain Numbing Noodle Pain


Here's the thing, I was innocently preparing pasta for supper last night when suddenly and with provocation a noodle leaped from the boiling water and slapped me on the wrist and burned me. (As you can clearly see in exhibit A.) I stood there, stunned for a second or two. Pain seared my arm as my alleged noodle assailant clung to my wrist, burning the skin and quite possibly attempting to inflict disfiguring third degree noodle burns. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to dash to the kitchen sink, run the cold water and cool my wrist. Now this may not seem like such a big deal but this morning I discovered a secondary problem with this burn on the wrist. It is in exactly the place I rest my arm on my laptop as I type, directly on the edge of my Mac. What are the odds? I mean really, who get's noodle burns? Criminy!

2 comments:

Marti Pieper said...

I guess there's no point in telling you to just noodle along. Or reminding you, "This, too, shall pasta."

I apologize. Those noodles CAN be vicious. Who knew?

Ramona Richards said...

Maybe you can try out for those antiacid commerical where the pasta starts slapping the lady across the face. I've been known to burn spaghetti (don't ask), but don't know if I've ever had it attack me. (And I love the fact that my "word verification" to post this comment is "blessn." Passing one on to you!)