PUblisher's Weekly


Here's the thing. I was at school yesterday working with the kindergartners on their show. It's called Calendar Kids--pretty cute, y when I heard the gentle ping of my phone informing me of an email. During a lull (there's a few) in the production I checked and discovered it was from my publicist, the wonderful Maegan Roper at Abingdon Press. Turns out that one of the editor's at Publisher's Weekly wants to do a profile of me for their next issue. Wow. This is exciting. Maegan told me that the editor, Jackie, loved Griselda Takes Flight. Yayy. Jackie and I are scheduled to talk Monday evening and she is now my new BFF. I'm a little nervous. I will let you know how it goes. Now I have to figure out how to get my hands on an actual copy of the magazine. Uhm.
Oh and BTW, FYI, Griselda Takes Flight releases April 1--There's a joke in there somewhere--but you can of course pre-order it now. I hear it's pretty good. What's with all the pumpkins on the cover? You'll see.

6 comments:

Marti Pieper said...

Still smiling about this news and about Publisher's Weekly agreeing with my assessment of GRISELDA TAKES FLIGHT: Best Bright's Pond book yet!

I bet if you promise to send your new BFF some Lemon Squares (or maybe a piece of non-Bertha pumpkin pie) she could scrounge up a copy of the magazine for you. Maybe.

Joyce Magnin said...

Thanks Marti, You certainly can call 'em. BTW--you can be my BFF also and uhm, Lemon Squares just might do the trick.

Pam Halter said...

Wooooooooooooooo!!! Congrats! I am wild with delight for you!

Lemon Squares will be in the oven today. Marti and I need to do a throw down. HA!!

Ramona Richards said...

You gotta know that I've been doing the happy dance. BTW, Mistletoe edits headed your way this afternoon...

Joyce Magnin said...

yayy, Ramona. Good timing. I'm heading out to Fenwick Island, DE with my bff Pammy. Good place to edit--nowhere to hide, nowhere to run--except the ocean. HA~

christa said...

YOU ARE THE BOMB!! I can say I knew you when...