Summer Time and the Living is Easy--Yeah, right


Here's the thing, yesterday I ended the school year and said good-bye to my fifth graders who are moving up to middle school. I really will miss them. Alison, the reader. She always had a book, sometimes reading two and three at a time. Paige--so sweet, so smart. She will go far. Mike-the prankster. He made me laugh when I knew I shouldn't and Marcus the talented athlete. Good luck guys. You'll do great. Come back and check in with me sometime. And also yesterday I watched my own fifth grader, Adam graduate. On to middle school--ah, the Wonder Years. He did great this year and I am so proud of him. He's my engineer/herpetologist. Yep, that's right. Maybe he'll do something in bio engineering.
So now that I have a few more hours it's time to get on to some writing projects. I have a novel due October 1. Don't worry, Barbara. But first, I have got to clean and organize my office area place. Holy cow, it's a mess. That's my plan for today, especially since it is so stinking hot. Geeze, it's the wind chill of a volcano out there. So I think I'll hunker down and attempt to organize. Not my strong suit. Anybody out there into it. Anybody who can help me get organized and STAY organized. I'm good at putting things in order. It's keeping it there that gives me the problems. I need pile maintenance.
And since yesterday was the first full day of summer I thought I would leave you with a touch of Emily to celebrate. They call this one Summer Shower--although she never did.

A drop fell on the apple tree,
Another on the roof;
A half a dozen kissed the eaves,
And made the gables laugh.

A few went out to help the brook,
That went to help the sea.
Myself conjectured, Were they pearls,
What necklaces could be!

The dust replaced in hoisted roads,
The birds jocoser sung;
The sunshine threw his hat away,
The orchards spangles hung.

The breezes brought dejected lutes,
And bathed them in the glee;
The East put out a single flag,
And signed the fete away.

No comments: