Writers Anonymous--It's about time

Here's the thing, I am not the first one to do this. In fact I am admitting I am stealing this idea from Betsy Learner. But it is so good I don't think she'll mind. So let's have some fun.

Hi, my name is Joyce and I am a writer. I tried to stop, many times. I tried but I kept going back to the keyboard, over and over again. It was like a siren song. I couldn't help it. And really, who was I hurting? Just myself. And I admit I
often,okay, okay most of the time wrote alone. I even went out a night and did it. Once I even used grocery money to pay my way to a writer's conference. There I said it. I am a writer! There were times when it was so bad I had to go to the library for a fix, to be near them--books! Books! and more books.

Okay, so you know you're addicted. Time to come clean. You'll feel so much better.!

3 comments:

Pam Halter said...

My name is Pam and I'm a writer. I can't stop thinking about my WIP and the world and characters that are constantly clammoring in my head. I often don't hear what people say because I'm writing in my head. Nothing makes me happier than when I'm with my writer's group or my writing partner. I often make notes for stories during the sermon at church, all the while knowing everyone (but my husband) thinks I'm really getting something out of the preaching. HA! There, that's my confession. I'm a writer.

Caroline said...

Okay, I confess my favorite topic in the world is my writing, my novels, my agent, other writers, and anything to pertain to writing and books.

So does that make me a snob when others talk about boring things like money and their jobs and I think, what, is that all you've got to say?

So, can I help it when one little question sends me on a tangent about writing? Of course, I ignore that glazed look in my friend's eyes. After all, THEY asked.

And to a writer, that's dangerous.
That's my confession. :)

Read.Write.Pray/Marti Pieper Blog said...

My name is Marti, and I am a writer.

My husband and I had dinner last week with another couple. The husband is also a writer--president of our local critique group, in fact. So we had two writers talking about, well, the things writers talk about and two spouses with glazed eyes.

Until God prompted me to get my husband started on a funny story. We were all sucked in and ended the evening WITHOUT glazed eyes and WITH everyone content (albeit tired).

And that other addiction? I confessed that in the first blog I posted. It began: My name is Marti, and I am a bibliophile.