For Bright's Pond Fans


Here's the thing, I've been thinking a lot about Bright's Pond lately. Writers are like that. In fact they say, (whoever they are) writers are always writing--it's true. I've always got some new or weird scenario playing around in my brain. It makes for a tired brain sometimes and try as I might to take a vacation from it, I can't--except when I play video games. Concentrating on a video game actually rests my weary, story laden brain. Anyhoo, now that there is a new Bright's Pond book coming out next fall, (I know, I know it's a looooooong way off, but time has a way of sneaking up on us brain-boggy authors.)I have decided to write a Bright's Pond Companion. I need a new title. Garrison Keilor already has it. I love Lake Wobegon and would never want to step on their toes, so I need a new title. The Bright's Pond Friend? Nah, The Bright's Pond Compendium? Uhm. Well, anyway, what I am planning to do is make a book that will have all the characters, a little info about them, you know birthdates and such, who is related to who, recipes from Bright's Pond, like Full Moon Pie, maps, stuff like that. I planned on working on it this week and next while I wait for the edits of Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise to come through. Sound like a plan? I thought so. That's what I'll be doing. I wanted to NOT write this week but that's impossible. So, if there is anything you want to know about Bright's Pond or one of the folks living there drop me a note or leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. I am planning a trip up there pretty soon. Just as soon as I can remember where I parked the WayBack machine.

1 comment:

christa said...

Maybe, Soaking in Bright's Pond?