Oh, Deer


Here's the thing. I've been sick with the Piglet Flu, not a full hog-on swine but certainly close to it. So, that's my excuse for not blogging this week. I am so sorry my faithful fans. But I am happy to say that I'm feeling better, my brain is back to it's usual abnormal, twisted self and I am here to post. So yesterday, I had to drive out to West Chester University (it's not far) to bring my daughter some supplies when I changed lanes and found myself following the truck in the picture above. That's right--a pick-up truck filled with dead Bambie or is it BambI. Whatever. Now this is either one of the funniest or most disgusting things I have seen in a very long time. This guy gives new meaning to a John Deer truck, let me tell you. I mean what is going on here. Are these carcusses he found on the roadside? Is this his job? And what's with the little basket thing on the back. Is that a special dead dear add-on that he requested at the dealership or should I say Deership? Is this the remains of some weird quadruple plus deer family murder/suicide thing? Was it a Santa Claus training mission gone terribly wrong? Is that Rudolph in that basket? Oh, deer, me. I had to swerve considerabley and I probably should have been arrested as I chased him down the road to get a picture. Perhaps he was taking them to be, what? Stuffed? Processed into bambi burgers? I tried to get close enough to ask him but lost him at a light. Too bad, he looked like a real sweet fella. But you know, it got me thinking that if next year the flu of the month club is Deer Flu, we know who to blame.

5 comments:

Denise Miller Holmes said...

If it is this man's job, I'm so glad I don't have his job. Perhaps he will be on Dirty Jobs, where we get the explanation of why he has a truck full of yuck. Thanks for posting. Both funny and disgusting!

Pam Halter said...

I saw something similar one night last fall when I was coming home from youth group. I had one teen in the car - a friend's son - and we were totally freaked out! It was dark and we didn't know what it was until we got closer and then we both screamed, EWWWWWW!!! Then we laughed hysterically and we still talk about it.

We also still talk about the HUGE spider that crawled across the windshield and we almost ran off the road. Yeah, same boy in the front seat with me and the girls were in the back. Everyone freaked out on that one.

Okay, so I have strange bonding habits with teens. But it proved to be an excellent conversation starter. :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle

Santa: Okay, guys, play dead and try not to look suspicious!

:)

Seriously, though, what in the world . . .

Pam Halter said...

Danielle ~ you are SO funny!!

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I have actually seen this kind of sight before. There is a local guy that butchers and packages hunters kills for them, and I've seen as many as 8 deer piled in the back of his pickup!