Friendship


Here's the thing, I love my friends. Having good and true friends is one of the best things life has to offer. If there is one thing I have learned since I decided to jump on the published author train, it's that a book is not written, produced or marketed without friends. And I happen to have the very best friends and I wanted to thank you all for coming along side and supporting me and helping me, loving me, listening to me when I was cranky, laughing with and yes, sometimes at me, showing me how to do certain things that were just beyond my abilities, trusting me, reading my words, baking lemon squares, filling in for me at work, for being Ethel to my Lucy, or Lucy to my Ethel,Tonto to my Lone Ranger, Robin to my Batman, buying me breakfast when money was tight, offering advice, talkign me off the ledge, commiserating, celebrating and all the other things you've done. I am in awe of you. If I were a rich woman I'd take you all to Disney World but well, maybe next year. In the words of Cole Porter and Lucy and Ethel

"If you're ever in a jam, here I am.
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship."

2 comments:

Leah said...

Ok is this where I tear the flower off your sash Ethel? Or are you Lucy? I'm on the blend ship sailing with you. Nov 28!

Pam Halter said...

The bad news: I will not bail you out of jail.

The good news: I'll be sitting right next to you in the cell, probably cracking up over what landed us there. HA!!