Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere


Good news. I entered a contest sponsored by Bridge Chocolates. I won the grand prize of a year's supply of chocolate. Now what does that look like? 
I'm thinking a giant easter basket overflowing with luscious chocolate confections. You can read the story here. What a hoot. Writing the essay was fun and a little bittersweet. They were looking for stories about a time when the writer used chocolate to soothe a broken heart, or repair an argument or otherwise bridge some troubled time. I chose to write about my dad and how he used chocolate to spark conversation. 
He was the original chocolate maniac. It was bittersweet because this month is the anniversary of my dad's passing. I miss him today. So go on, have a piece of chocolate in honor of my dad.

1 comment:

Pam Halter said...

Wow, Joyce. I love that you won the contest with the story about your dad. What perfect timing! I'm going to have a piece of chocolate right now in honor of your dad.