Glad Tidings for The New Year

Um. Ever wonder what exactly Tidings are? I thought I knew, being the literary type and all. But I was wrong. I thought tidings were simply greetings. You know as in, "Glad Tidings for the new year." Which my brain translated as, "Happy greetings to you in this new year." Wrong! Tidings are way more than greetings. Here's the scoop: the definition of tidings: news; information, dispatches, communication. Um. It all sounds so official and Tom Clancy like.  I think when we wish someone glad tidings we are actually asking them, "Hey what's the good news, or bad news as the case may be. Or, "Have you  any juicy rumors for the new year?" Or, "I'm glad to see you back from your latest spy mission (you know who your are). What information have you brought about Moose and Squirrel?" Oh, and you can never have one tiding, otherwise you are asking someone to have a happy alternate rising and falling of the sea. You get the notion. I say all of this to say: I have glad tidings for this new year. My first novel, The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow, will be releasing from Abingdon Press this fall. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. That's the cover over there on the right. Pretty sweet, huh. So please keep an eye out for it and buy a copy or six and tell your friends. I'll be posting more about my long and treacherous road to publication over the coming months along with other stuff. So stay tuned, do good and avoid the radar my friends. 

1 comment:

Pam Halter said...

I'm so happy for your Glad Tidings! But I have no report on Moose or Squirrel ...